Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 5

I was not sure what to expect heading into my first playoff game in 3 Fantasy Camp tries. Would we fall behind early and come back late as per usual in all our wins, or would be not sharp in the field or at bat and get drilled?

As it turns out, the answer is neither. Our morning playoff game was against the other division's first place Team Clemente (5 wins and 1 loss) on field 1, the team that we had lost to on Tuesday. The game was a well played game this time, as we opened up a 6 to 2 lead in the first half of the game and closed them out in the last half of the game to win by a score of 6 to 4 to advance to the Championship Game. At the plate, I had a single with 1 RBI, a ground out with 1 RBI, and another ground out. In the field, I played 4 innings in right field with no chances.

So in the afternoon, the Championship Game pitted Team Waner vs. Team Cuyler managed by Steve Blass and Bill Mazeroski. Unfortunately, our overachieving team fell short to a team with vastly superior talent, and lost by a final score of 11 to 4. At the plate, I had a single, a hit by pitch, and a strikeout, and in the field, I played 3 innings in right field with one running catch. For our final defensive inning, they put me in left field, but I did not make it through the inning, as I injured my finger trying to make a catch and had to leave the game.

Friday is the game versus the pro staff, which only lasts 3 innings. Which is good because I am not sure how much more my body can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment