Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 4

The Wednesday double header action for Team Waner saw yet another improbable comeback and another split of the games played.

In the morning game on field 3, we trailed Team Stargell by a score of 7 to 2 entering the bottom of the 6th, at which point we scored 5 to tie the game. We then closed the door in the top of the 7th to set the stage for some hitting heroics by Nick Senuta to give us an 8 to 7 win. In this game, I had a bases loaded walk for 1 RBI, a single with an RBI, a hit by pitch, and another hit by pitch to put runners on 1st and 2nd right before Nick's hit. In the field, I played 4 innings in right field with no chances.

This win gave us a record of 3 wins and 2 losses, and due to our victories over opponents in our division, we clinched a playoff spot. (My first playoff game in my 3rd camp. I was thinking I would never be on a playoff team.)

So in the afternoon game 6 on field 2, both our team and Team Cuyler had wrapped up playoff spots, so the game had more of an exhibition game feel to it. We ended up losing a pitcher's duel by a score of 20 to 16. At the plate, I had a single with an RBI, a double with an RBI, and a ground out, and in the field, I played 3 innings in left field with no real chance to make any plays due to gusting winds, and I played 3 innings as catcher. Oh, and I should mention that Paul Speer, our star center fielder, hit a massive homerun over the fence. It may have been wind aided, but it was still a shot.

So our league play record here at camp ended up at an even 3 wins and 3 losses. Everyone on the team contributed, and so far the camaraderie and comebacks have been fun.

For Thursday morning's playoff game, we just need to get behind by 5 runs or so entering the 6th and 7th inning, and we will have the other team right where we want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment