Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 1

Hello friends and family back up in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Yes, it is that time again, when winter doldrums turn to sunshine and baseball at the Pittsburgh Pirates Fantasy Camp.

There was not much sunshine today, as it was quite cloudy in Bradenton, with just a few misty sprinkles. And of course, much baseball.

For the evaluation game, I was assigned to team 8 and played on field 4 versus team 6. Since it was an evaluation game, the score didn't matter (especially since our team lost), but I went 1 for 2 with a single and a strikeout on a bad call by the ump. In the field, I played 3 innings in the outfield and made a catch on a long fly ball.

My team this year is Team Traynor, coached by Bruce Kison and Lee Lacy. Our first game was against Team Cuyler on Field 4, and we were victorious by a score of 16 to 1. At the plate, I had 3 singles in 3 at bats and was hit by a pitch, scored a run and had 1 RBI. In the field, I played 4 innings in right field and did not have any chances.

Tomorrow is a double header day, so hopefully the body will hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment