Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 2

The morning looked a bit ominous with heavy rain showers in Bradenton, but luckily there is one turf field here at Pirate City that is ready to play almost immediately after the rain stops.

As a result, the morning game on field 3 was shortened to 4 innings in length. In our game, we played Team Carey and won by a score of 6 to 1. I only had one at bat and popped up for an out, and played 2 innings in the outfield with no chances.

Then, in our second game of the day on field 2, we defeated Team Clemente by a score of 7 to 3. In that game, I went 1 for 3 at the plate with a single and run scored, a strikeout swinging, and a ground out (again, bad call by the umpire, I think I beat the throw). In the field, I played 4 innings in the outfield and again had no chances.

Tuesday is the game at McKechnie Field, it should be interesting to see the renovations they have made there.

No comments:

Post a Comment