Monday, February 4, 2013

Final recap

I have had a couple of days to reflect on my week, and it was a great week. Team Waner came together when it counted and played very good baseball. It was a real fun time even though I could not seem to get much going either at the plate or in the field.

Let me give a quick shout out to the members of Team Waner. Thanks to Richie Hebner and Bob Walk (our pro staff), Scott May (staff assistant), Dick Davis (Bradenton Booster), and fellow players Paul, Ty, Matt, Jerry, Jack, Nick, Mark, Laurie, Marty, John, and Julie. Everyone gave it their all and I hope that the team can reunite more or less intact for the reunion game coming up on June.

Here were my final batting statistics for the week:

8 games played
.524 batting average
11 hits in 21 at-bats
3 runs scored
1 double
9 runs batted in
2 walks
4 strikeouts (ouch!)
3 hit by pitch

And some additional statistics:
26 plate appearances
.571 slugging percentage (12 total bases in 21 at-bats)
.615 on base percentage (16 times on base in 26 plate appearances)
1.187 OPS

I'll be signing off for a while to try to recover from my myriad of injuries, unless something really important happens. Go Bucs!

No comments:

Post a Comment