Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2

We were scheduled for doubleheader league play on Tuesday, with the possibility of storms interrupting the festivities. Luckily, the storms held off long enough for everyone to get the two games in.

In the morning game versus Team Traynor (field 4, 10:00am), I went 0 for 2 with a fly out, and a ground out. Also, I was hit by a pitch in the shin during the game, and came around to score a run. Unfortunately, we lost the game by a final score of 8 to 4 to drop to a record of 0-2, and I landed on the trainer's table with a golf ball sized welt on my shin.

They iced me down and the swelling went down a bit, so I went out for the afternoon game. In that game versus Team Vaughn (field 2, 1:15pm), I struck out looking (bad call), a fly out, a ground ball fielder's choice, and a walk with a run scored. On the fielder's choice, we did score a run on the play, so I picked up an RBI. But most importantly, Team Waner got into the win column by a final score of 15 to 5. At a record of 1-2, we are in 3rd place in our division, with a 3-0 team, a 2-1 team, and an 0-3 team. So we have some work to do to get up to second place and make the playoffs.

After the game, I went to the St. Pete Times Forum to see the Tampa Bay Lightning defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs by a score of 2-0. It was kind of a lackluster game, but Dwayne Roloson came up with some big saves and posted the shutout.

No comments:

Post a Comment