Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 3

Well, we are half way through the week already, and it hurts so good.

Today was just a single game for each team at McKechnie Field, where the Pirates play their spring training games and where the Bradenton Marauders play their single-A regular season. It is a picturesque park, and it appears that they are making some major renovations to the park to make it even better.

We had the last game of the day at 4:00pm vs. Team Vaughn managed by Jose Lind and Jim Rooker. In the first inning, I was a courtesy runner and scored a run, then I was hit by a pitch in the arm and scored another run, hit a single, and then hit another single. On that last at-bat, it was starting to get dark, and I was hit again with a pitch, but the umpire would not let me take first base, so it worked out as I was able to get on anyway. In the field, I played 3 innings at second base and made a couple of nice plays with 1 misplay, and then I played 2 innings at third base, and again made a couple of nice plays and 1 little flub. Unfortunately, it was the same old story as we lost again by a score of 23 to 7 to end day 3 with a record of 0 wins and 4 losses.

For the evening, it was the All-American Cookout at Pirate City. It was fully underway when we got there since our game was late in finishing, but I got all of the baseball cards, baseballs, and bats autographed that I wanted to.

Two more games tomorrow, and I am not sure how I am going to be able to make it to the end of the week. Maybe Bob Walk will put me on waivers so that I don't have to play any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment