Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 4

Well, the final day of the Pirates Fantasy Camp 2012 regular season has come and gone, and unfortunately for Team Stargell, the results of today was much the same as the previous days.

The first game of the day (field 3, 10:30a) was against Team Waner. I was hit by a pitch in my first plate appearance, and then I hit a single in my second plate appearance. In the field, I played the outfield and the infield, and did pretty well in both, making nice catches and throws to get outs. But in the end it was a lopsided 10-0 victory for Team Waner. And there was a pick off play thrown in there somewhere.

The second game (field 4, 2:15p) was against Team Wagner. Once again, as it seems has happened so often at this camp, I was hit by a pitch in my first plate appearance and came around to score a run. Then, I sharply grounded out in my second at-bat, and in my third at-bat, I hit a solid single up the middle but ended up stranded on third as the game and regular season ended with another Team Stargell loss to finish with a regular season record of 0 wins and 6 losses.

The team dinner is at Pier 22 in Bradenton here tonight, and I am anticipating a great meal from a great restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment